I would like to personally welcome you to Masai Technical Training Institute and particularly to the Department of Student Affairs. The Dean of Students Office has a long and rich history of supporting and advocating for students with the primary responsibility of safeguarding and managing student`s welfare while also ensuring that students adhere to the provided code of conduct and regulations. This requires the officers to represent student’s interests in the various Institutional departments, committees, appeals and disciplinary hearings and in special meetings and task forces.
Students enjoy a myriad of services such as the resolution of problems, mitigation of crisis, referral to specialized services, promotion of responsible citizenship by enforcing rules and regulations, guidance and life skills to enable them make mental, physical and emotional adjustments. In addition, the Dean of Students office provides co-curricular experiences and exposure that supports the growth and development of the student’s talent in the institution and beyond through Clubs and Societies, Games and Sports. The office addresses emerging and contemporary issues that affect student fraternity and responds appropriately Games and Sports through the guidance and counseling department.
We are committed to:
- Working collaboratively with students, departments, and staff to create an ethical and safe environment in which academic excellence may flourish.
- Promoting responsible leadership with a sense of integrity and accountability.
- Foster cultural diversity and corporate social responsibility among students.
- Promoting compliance with the spirit and intent of the Constitution of Kenya and the rules and regulations embedded in the Institutional Academic Policy.
- Serving as a resource and information agency for students, departments, staff, parents and others concerning student welfare, interests and standards.
- Providing guidance and educational experiences to assist students in making appropriate choices concerning behavior and career.
- Encouraging students to understand the consequences of the decisions they make and the actions they take in an attempt to help their holistic development for responsible citizenship.
The Dean of Students Office appreciates the policies and programs in place; team work and collective responsibility and the administrative support towards the student welfare to make Masai Technical Training Institute a home away from home for the students.
Dean of Students